This article will show you some tips to help you unclog a sprinkler system. Inside of your sprinkler system, it is possible for all kinds of dirt and rubble to build up inside the individual parts of the sprinkler. Often small clogs are found inside of the connections of the sprinkler pipes, the sprinkler risers and the sprinkler system nozzles.
A clogged sprinkler pipe or nozzle
If you can see the spout of water coming from your sprinklers isn't as strong as it used to be or as you think it should be, it might be time for a little sprinkler system cleaning.
- First make sure to turn of the sprinkler system to avoid incidents.
- Next you will need to remove all of the sprinkler nozzles and heads.
- Then turn on the water and let it run until water flows from each head opening to let out any debris inside the sprinkler systems.
- Then turn the water off again.
Cleaning the individual parts of the sprinkler
- Dismantle all the sprinkler nozzles following the directions in the manufacturer's manual
- Keep the nozzles under a hose to clean out debris
- Open up small clogged holes, using something small to puncture them.
- After that you will need to thoroughly rinse out the filters.
- Put the heads and nozzles back together again.
- Then turn on the water.
If your sprinkler system has not improved, and your indoor water pressure is normal then the problem could be a leak in the line.