Plumbing Terminology - O

A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | Y


Loosely woven hemp rope that has been treated with oil or other waterproofing agent; it is used to caulk joints in a bell and spigot pipe and fittings.

Overflow pipe

An overflow pipe is a pipe connected from a tank or cistern to discharge any surplus water into an area without causing damage, normally it will only come into use when there is a problem with your plumbing (i.e. a leaking valve etc).