In the State of Arkansas a plumbing license is required for any person, corporation, partnership or other entity that is engaged in plumbing or performing plumbing installations, unless you work only on your own residence or agricultural buildings. In order to get an application for an Arkansas plumber license, you should contact the Arkansas Department of Health’s Plumbing and Natural Gas Section.
Requirements for an Arkansas Plumbing License
The statutory requirements for a license as a journeyman plumber and master plumber are set by the Arkansas Department of Health.
- To obtain a Master plumbers license applicants must be able to show at least 5 years of experience.
- To obtain a Journeyman plumbers license applicants must have at least 4 years of experience.
- A Journeyman plumber that wants to become a Master plumbers will need to have their journeyman license for at least 1 year before applying for the Master license.
- To obtain a Plumbing contractor license, the ‘Contractor's business and law exam’ must also be passed.
- Pre-approval is required from the board before sitting for any of the exams.
Apply to get an Arkansas Plumbing License
You can apply for a journeyman or master license, by contacting the Arkansas Department of Health. Your application will need to be processed prior to the exam. The processing time for license applications are on average about one month.
- The fee for a Master plumbing license is $200.00 per year.
- The master plumbing exam costs $125.
- The fee for a Journeyman plumbing license is $75.00 per year.
- The journeyman exam costs $75.
- The fee for an Apprentice plumbing license is $25.00 per year.
All licenses are good for a year, but they all expire on December 31 each year.
Arkansas Department of Health
Plumbing and Natural Gas Section
Division of Protective Health Codes
4815 West Markham Slot 24
Little Rock, AR 72205-3867
State Licensing and Exams
Licensing and plumbing certification requirements for plumbers are usually determined at the state level and tend to vary slightly from state to state. Often, the job of enforcing and regulating these requirements falls to individual municipalities. To check the requirements for a plumbing license in a particular state select your location on the State Licensing Requirements page.
If you need more informations on passing the journeyman plumbing exams then perhaps you might want to read: How To Do The Plumber Journeyman Exam to help you get started as an apprentice plumber or journeyman plumber.